Darn Gangsters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore

2 posters

Go down

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore Empty sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore

Post  nagelk Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 am

sup guys
this the 1989 180sx I bought after I sold my integra. When I bought it, it was bone stock CA18DET with 100,000 km on it. Super clean, all it needed was a battery and the alternator fixed. So I scooped it up for a good price, with the intentions of keeping it relatively stock, and very clean and low, nice wheels, daily drive it.

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00352
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00354
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00355
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00356

When I bought the car the alternator didnt work. It looked like he tried to install it and gave up halfway.. and he also lost the tension bracket thing. So i had to make one. i wired it up and it ran great. Also got a new windshield and got a new exhaust made. it was fully straight piped for a bit, but then a cop gave me a fix it ticket :/ so i got one resonator in there. i miss the sound off the turbo whistle Sad
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore 2012-01-05173139
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore 2012-01-05173124

next came sound system, as I was driving it in the snow and couldnt do anything else. Pics are self explanitory.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00359
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00364
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00367

new deck, And a 12" Sub 600 w amp. it pounded really nice. but was later taken out for weight. It was a really fun winter car, with what little winter we did have.

this is what happens when you have 23 year old stock speakers. All four speakers had the flexible lip blown to shit and missing. ridiculous.

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00366

more pictures... it was driven like this thorugh alot of winter. very nice comfy stock suspension. not for long.....
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore 2012-01-06150416
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore 2012-01-06150433

i could barely see at night so i got hid conversion housings, with 8k hids, kinda regret cheaping out on them as they do blind people though I try not to. The are halogen lights and they have Hids for high beams.

It was around this time I wanted to take off the spoiler, and we did, and wow. 11 holes in it stock. all rusted. its gross. Its the only rust on the whole car. So for the time being, I put a skyline gtst spoiler on.(pics later) i like it alot, not something u see on s13 hatch too much but i feel it suits the body.. also i ditched the stock airbox and got a new intake

Very Happy parts!!!
no pics atm

Oem super hicas skirts (to replace mine, the passenger side has a scuff)
Oem super hicas rear valence , (gets rid of ghey mudflaps)
hopefully i can get em on soon

Blitz twin solenoid boost controller unit
Blitz turbo timer
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00431

I love it, holds one gauge, and the 2 units above Smile fits under cd deck

Trisco water temp gauge
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00438

-

new mods..
i traded an old, cracked old VIS carbon fibre hood an intercooler. Apexi hybrid. sanded down and cleaned and painted flat black so she looks pretty again. Gained alot more top end but a bit of lag. I like it. rabbit
old :sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00447
the shitty part where its all bent in has since been replaced
new:sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00445
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00449
-

My goal for this car was clean and it needed to be low and fucking gangster.So I need to dump my car big time. But i gotta ball on a budget. so I sourced some cheap ksport rear, D2 front. Also I ordered a pair of 15mm and a pair of 25 mm ichiba spacers, and I got project silvia RUCAs. they were gross so i painted em silver and nice again.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00463works for now.

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00414
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00413

And the result!!! a bit lower. handled very nicely. so much better than stock.

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00416
fuckin sunkin in gayness
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00417
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00418

For wheels, XXR 507 18x9.5 +12 front, 18x9.5 +2, spacers on. light stretch.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00466
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00465
They did NOT fit the car on stock coils, the fronts rubbed the stock spring. I THOUGHT maybe with coilovers they would not rub.. turns out they still rubbed. which is why i need to run spacers. so ive had some troubles fitting the wheels, its been a very lengthy process. still not done. Alot of hammering. and i also screwed up some fenders in the process. but oh well now I learned to go slower. theres more work to be done on wheel fitment though, I would like to relocate the under fender wires to inside the engine bay.

so after alot of work the wheels FINALLY fit, kinda. I rolled the back, added some camber, and woohoo they fit nice. the fronts, rolled, fit, but the fender looked like SHIT. i did not use a fender roller, i used a baseball bat and it came out pretty bad. i will address this later. but in the meatime hells yeah Im finally fuckin darn gangster Very Happy cheers Razz
first look sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00467
reppin DG hard as fuck
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00468
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00495
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00498
camberrrr
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00482
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00490
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00484

-

it looked good but i needed to the replace the front fenders, so i had a couple options.

1. new fenders, easy enough
2. wide body
3. sil80 conversion

hmmm...
Answer number three!!!!!!!! Razz

this was a HUGE P.I.T.A. heres some pics before and after.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00519
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00522
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00523
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00526
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00527

i dont have silvia rad support so we had to make brackets. Seibon carbon fibre hood and brick lights SmileSmileSmile. I also deleted the hood latch and line because the line runs through the wheel well, one less thing for me to rub on. Other than looking good, this swap saved me close to 50 lbs!! (headlight motors, carbon hood) i really like it. My old flip up lights werent working anymore so this really was the best decision. I painted the fenders flat black, they need to be rolled and then filled and sanded. oh well looks better than blue i guess. Neutral i will get paint when I get my kit painted. the only bad part is my rare foglights dont fit anymore :/. i wired some yellow bulbs into my dual projectors (looks like triple projectors but nope!) the HIDS are plug and play so that was simple enough.

So getting back to filling the body. It was still ugly. so I filled it and now its less ugly. hahaha👅 Its got a decent flare to it. this was my first time using bondo. It looks decent I did it to both sides. I do still want overfenders though
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00557
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00561
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00560

-

Okay around this time, the relay box located under the airbox/air filter was really getting on my nerves. It was loose, and got in the way of my intake and my hid kit. It was very annoying. So i thought i would be a baller and tuck it. So heres my first shot at being cool (yes i know there is blue left over, i missed it while spraypainting. its fixed now)
where? sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00543
theresileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00544
and the area it cleaned up (well not clean clean but you get the idea) : sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00545

-

SO while I was waiting for paint, i got bored. installed my blitz turbo timer and controller unit. i have never ever done something like this before but i figured i would give it a try, and Now i can say i learned so much throughout this install. thanks to some fellow DG's i hooked it up right. thanks guys Very Happy
mid install madness:sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00534
after, clean as fuck yo :sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00541
I <3 carbon fibre! the console is faux wrapped and the door control surrounds. the shift knob is real nismo carbon fibre: sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00542

-

alllrighty more wire tucks.. *I should probably mention that I totally stripped and painted my rear. more on that later.

this was a HUGE pain in the ass. very little pay off. probably about 12+ harnesses and 5 feet of wire I had to navigate through the body. and had to lengthen some wires.. but now i have no wires over both wheel wells, theyre all tucked, looks clean, abs unit is tucked (kinda). Smile im trying to prove that stripped can be done cleanly.. I also deleted the hatch pop and the gas tank pop.. Now to open the gas tank, push the left side and it pops open. All i had to do was bend a little piece of metal in the gas tank lid. And i got a fire extinguisher for half cool effect, half not a bad idea. Wink
oh and i got a rear strut bar. made a considerable difference for the money
-
STOCK appearance when you take off the plastic panel
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00549
AFTER tuck. its less busy. Im anal about my car hahah pirat
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00552

-

restoral of jdm parts! nismo s13 strut tower bar.. very cool, came on my car.. rare.. always loved it but it lacked that lustre. so i sanded and painted the bases black again. as for the bar: i sanded with steel wool, then wet sand from 800 grit to 2000 grit. then mothers metal polish on a ball on a power drill. finish it up with a nismo sticker and BAM from ashy to classy.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00562
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00567

--
deep deep clean. all sound deadening removed in the process. VERY big pain in the ass without the use of dry ice. Not much notice in cabin noise. carpet was pressure washed and is now beautifully clean! bounce
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00569-1

-

okay so i drove around like this for 2 days. truck mode activate. Razz
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00575
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00573
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00572

I got some odd looks and questions about its legality,( which is still unknown to me..) its really nice on a hot day i was doing this because it is new hatch time. this time i got myself a carbon fibre hatch locally. I love it...im a carbon addict... anyways. weight loss effect? really not as much as you would think. with stock hatch, no spoiler, no wiper motor, WITH glass, weighs in at 55 pounds. my carbon hatch, no wiper motor, with glass weighs in at 38 pounds. so 17 pounds of weight loss. not enough to justify the price, but i figure I needed a new one because my old one was rusty and had like 12 holes in it. i dont get skyline spoiler anymore Sad ill get used to the no-spoiler look.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00611

okay so new mods. I never use my AC, so.. delete. this is a full delete and is for sale. everything including condenser under dash is 40 ish pounds of nose weight. equivalent to a spare tire.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00587

so yeah im anorexic now. My car has ca18det, so i need all the power i can get. This can come in the form of weight loss. So what started as removing seats, turned into stripping Smile Im going for the stripped and clean look, still working on it. the back was stripped and sanded of all sound deadening and accessories and painted sparkly black. rear strut bar loosk cool back there too, I would like to get a C pillar bar sometime in the future.
ive removed all the rear sound deadening, seats, wiper motor, seat belts, spare and tools, a/ c, carbon canister, blah blah blah and Im still going. cutting as much weight as I can. So far, ive cut 275 pounds as of july 17th. also the ca18det is 45 pounds lighter than sr20 and much lighter than ka24. so i believe im under 2500 pounds. power to weight ratio baby!!!

heres an ass shot from earlier.
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00472

ive got a TON more coming. in the meantime, keep it gangster folks. no sunken in wheels Wink
nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore Empty Re: sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore

Post  Sunkenbattleship Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:17 pm

MOOOOOOAAARRRR TRUCK MODE
Sunkenbattleship
Sunkenbattleship

Back to top Go down

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore Empty Re: sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore

Post  nagelk Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:45 pm

truck mode is coming back again!!! eventually :p
nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

Post  nagelk Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:53 pm

hokay so ive been having an issue with my car not starting. i goofed something up, so i might as well upgrade.. anyways.. while its been sitting ive been collecting parts. so heres the current setup ive been pieceing together.

450cc dsm injectors
300sx MAF
Apexi SAFC NEO
tubular equal length exhaust manifold
Mines tuned ecu (tuned for my setup)
godspeed gt28 turbo

looking to get a solid 300 hp at the crank with this setup. I might need to buy a air/fuel gauge in order to help with the tuning part. injectors are on the way......... Smile

Last edited by nagelk on Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

Post  nagelk Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

parts in da mail Smile

dsm 450's, came off a eclipse or talon. these are the twin spray injectors for MOAR PAWR cheers also got new o rings.

sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00618
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00619
nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

Post  nagelk Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Soldered in the N62 mass air flow sensor. easy peasy, looks kewl and flows way better than the stock pos bounce
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00620
nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

Post  nagelk Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:09 pm

While waiting for parts, i decided to clean up the back. before, it was almost all wires fully tucked. So i tucked more and deleted the rear brackets. i dont have seats or rear speakers so it is just dead weight. So I yanked it out and I also tucked the wire underneath the body, cant see it no more. The only wire visible is the fuel pump.
before
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00622
after
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00627
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00628
sileighty ca18 gangster extraordinaire project *warning, picture whore DSC00625

full tucked and stripped. paint sparkle black/ clear coat. drift spec!

nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

Post  nagelk Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:23 pm

all right so i started the strip down. came much easier than some horror stories i have heard. no stripped bolts or nothing! was very nice to work on. so i got the stocker removed.

got lots of parts in. Gt28 came in, manifold, gaskets... So, i got to test fit the set up, and FUCK. hits the abs unit. awesome.... more work! Ill need to delete the unit. also my turbo needs to be clocked, and have a custom plate made for the wastegate bracket to fit. So i have alot of work to do
nagelk
nagelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum